What is UCaaS?
Communication and collaboration tools from a single provider.
Unified Communication as a Service (“UCaaS”) is a communications suite which integrates voice, data, video, file transfer, email, voicemail and mobility features all on a single platform in the cloud. Businesses looking to drive more collaboration into their workforce as well as boost productivity without the need for CAPEX investment are adopting UCaaS.
Traditional communication model – complex
- Multiple platforms.
- Many providers.
- High initial capital outlay and costly maintenance.
- Inflexible and difficult to manage.
UCaaS – unified and simple
- Unified platform connecting dispersed team members.
- Single trusted provider.
- Cost efficient, OPEX model.
- Fully integrated; comms across multiple sites are consolidated.
Intuitive tools to drive businesses forward
- Voice, video, data & Internet
- Voicemail, email & instant messaging
- Audio, web & video conferencing
- Presence – users can see who is available or not at any time
- Collaboration and application sharing
- Common user experience across desktop, phone & mobile devices
- Provided via cloud – accessible whenever internet is present
Benefits to customers
- Enhanced productivity – employees can collaborate easily via voice, message or conferencing regardless of location.
- Flexible and scalable – pay as you go model with pick & choose menu service offering.
- Increased reliability – software is updated automatically, security is continuously monitored.
- Reduced operating expenses – eliminates long-distance charges and reduces the need for expensive business travel.
- Reduced capital expenses – eliminates the need to maintain costly in-house communications systems.
- New functionality is delivered quickly with no need to maintain high levels of technical expertise in-house.
- Call forwarding and “find me, follow me” groups, hold, transfer, hunt groups, do-not-disturb, speed dial, call recording.
- Advanced PBX features like IVR, single number identity, wall display.
- Free calls between all units e.g., mobile to fixed line, mobile to mobile, fixed to fixed or any combination
- Elimination of long-distance charges
- Availability of one number regardless of location – A short number for company mobile for ease of dialling.
- On-phone directory look at personal, client, and company contacts, plus missed, received, and placed call history
- Pay as you go model eliminating the need to spend on unused capacity.
- Provider maintains hardware – including storage and software offsite.
- Products and services are distributed via the internet or a fixed or mobile phone line.
- Customers range from Fortune 500 companies and government entities to small businesses and non-profits.